Prominent thoroughbred breeding farm, Scone Reduced to $5,800,000
- Location: One of the best located thoroughbred stud farms in the Upper Hunter Valley. Situated just minutes from the heart of Scone, and within close proximity to the Scone Race Club, Scone Vet surgery and the Scone Air Strip. The perfect situation for a broodmare farm, or stallion station being centrally located amongst such leading studs as Arrowfield, Vinery, Darley and Yarraman Park.
Country: Bhima comprises 396Acres/ 160.5 Hectares ( approximately) of prime Upper Hunter horse country. Ranging from extensive alluvial flats to moderate easterly facing basalt slopes, Bhima presents the perfect land mix for the breeding and rearing of thoroughbred horses. A large majority of the property is arable and under irrigation. An extensive pasture improvement and fertiliser program has been undertaken to ensure productivity and carrying capacity.
Water: A standout feature of Bhima. A 400 megalitre irrigation licence from 2 reliable wells, with 6" PVC mains enabling irrigation over 65-70% of the property. Bhima also features a 50 megalitre grey water storage dam, which is under contract and supplied by the Upper Hunter Shire Council water treatment plant. This resource is currently under utilized, and shows great capacity to further drought proof Bhima Stud. Frontage to both the Kingdon Ponds and Middle Brook.
Homestead: Impressive in both its gracious proportions and traditional grandeur, the historic 'Bhima' homestead (c1910) is a residence of distinction. Featuring many retained period details such as 16 ft pressed metal ceilings, grand entrance hallway, and large sunlit living areas. This 4 bedroom home has a new kitchen, office, large dining and livings rooms and separate guest quarters. Set amongst sweeping lawns and beautiful established gardens, 'Bhima' also boasts a tennis court and an in ground pool.
Staff Housing: Managers weatherboard home comprises three bedrooms (master with ensuite) which has been recently renovated to a good standard. Additional housing includes a well kept 3 bedroom Hardiplank home, and transportable singles quarters important for seasonal workers.
Thoroughbred stud: Originally developed into a thoroughbred stud after World War 2 by Vivian Bath, Bhima was purchased in 1994 and further developed by the White family. Many horses bred on the property and bearing the well known RL brand have successfully sought the finish line in major Australian races. The property has a proven track record for breeding top quality bloodstock.
Featuring the full complement of stud improvements including:
* Brick veneer air conditioned office with boardroom
* 10 Horse electric horse walker ( undercover)
* Covered round yard with adjacent yards
* 18 box stable barn with central quadrangle and parading pathway
* Large 6 box vet hospital with underground heating & elevated night watch office
* 2 vet areas with electricity
* 2 separate 3 box stable barns formerly used as stallion boxes
* Large hay shed, machinery shed with workshop, and additional shedding
- Property ID
- Land Size
- 396 Acre approx.
- Michael Burke
Phone : 0429692454
Mobile : 0429692454
Click here to make an enquiry
* This information is intended as a guide only. No Warranty is given as to its accuracy.